Good handling of rainwater
At the end of April 2021, we launched an initiative to gather a collection of examples on the subject of "Good handling of rainwater”. With the cities of Basel, Bern, Lucerne, St. Gallen, Winterthur and Zug participating in the kick-off session, we were able to specify the project goals and schedule the project.
- Private real estate areas
- Public streets and squares
- Statutory provisions and regulations
- Planning implementation
For each of the main topics listed above, practical examples with the following overarching goals are to be documented:
- Reduction of surface runoff, use of rainwater
- Promotion of retention, evapotranspiration and infiltration
The document is expected to be made available free of charge in early 2022.